Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Open Question: Do you know any good music...?

... that I don't know already? It can be from any time period, any genre. Links to Youtube or some other site would be most appreciated. BA will definitely go to the person with the best music and most links. I'm mostly into progressive rock, jazz, and classical but anything you think is good is fine. But please, no obvious shit that everyone has heard, don't give me the whole fucking alternative rock list you answer every question with, I want some stuff that has some depth. No obscure emo bands either, they suck even more than the mainstream ones. lubethe... I know all those except The Flock and Dreams, links for those would be cool, if not I'll check them out at some point. Anything else you would want to recommend is cool too. Hey Shred, yeah I think I remember hearing Jesse Cook from an earlier post of yours. He's a great guitarist but not really my type of music. Closer to Madness is pretty sweet though. Lily I don't think all music that people term "alternative rock" has no depth, it's just that people have that stock list they always regurgitate... which has pretty good stuff but also includes stuff like MCR and Fall Out Boy and shit, as though they are on the same level as the best of grunge and whatnot. I like Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, Tool etc. but I don't really think of these bands as alternative rock anyway. Hey Darth, I like some metal, I'm not really into power metal though, and the power metal I do like is more prog metal anyway (Symphony X, Kamelot) but any bands you want to throw down would be cool. My favorite metal bands are Dream Theater, Tool, Metallica, Death, Cynic, Opeth, Isis, Black Sabbath, if that gives you any idea. Hey Libby I have various Henry Cow songs but no full albums, I really should get them in their entirety because they are really good. I've heard a little bit of Ange but none of those other French symphonic bands, I'll have to scrounge through them sometime. I hope that's not the end of the prog section though! :P But it probably is. We'll just have to wait for the explosion of great new prog bands that will inevitably come in 2012 I guess. :P Hans, that piece was pretty good. It had some pretty intense moments and I like the spacey ending with that xylophone looking instrument. Thanks everyone else for your answers too btw.

No comments: