Saturday, February 7, 2009

Resolved Question: aspiring singer, advice anyone?

I'm a 16 year old girl and also an aspiring singer and I'm having a little trouble taking off, first off my parents don't believe in me, i would love to be working 100% on my music but i am a junior in high school and that's unrealistic, especially because my parents aren't behind me. Anyways, so i really don't want to go to college especially because most colleges don't offer that major i want to pursue which is contemporary voice, and also my mom wants me to minor in video production (again doesn't believe in me). I'd much rather go to a performing arts school, which there are some that extend to 19 years of age so i could get two years instead of just going my senior year of high school, and then try and make music and work in jobs that give me enough money to survive and also spend time in studios and create some demos. I feel that school will always be there and if needed I can always back and better my education. Also because of all these set backs like my parents and school i can't do anything and i feel restricted in my artistic presentation because as soon as i say i want to do a certain song my parents will tell me i can't because they don't like it or i have to focus on jazz songs for my college auditions (i study jazz, contemporary, classical and piano) I just started performing at this open mic night at a lounge and i do singing competitions with my singing school but non of that gets me anywhere, please help!!! i just want to make a living on my music it really is my passion i just feel stuck! :-( thanks in advanced ok i do take lessons and warm up like i should and i can't go to school for what i want cause very very few colleges have a contemporary voice major and if they do it's out of my families price rang, and i don't want to go to college... i want to go to a performing arts school for like another two years

No comments: