Monday, December 1, 2008

Open Question: I met the girl of my dreams, but will never see her again. How can I get over her?

While I was waiting around the airport last week between flights, I met a very attractive French girl in the airport bookstore. We talked for quite a while, and I found out she is a (classical) music student at the Paris Conservatory, which I found very interesting because I am hugely into classical music myself, though I am pursuing a degree in art history. Through conversation, we discovered we both shared the same interest in art, music, poetry, ballet, science, I mean it was like you name it and we felt the same way about it. She came across as really intelligent, too. She, like me, was also an atheist, which was simply the icing on the cake. Long story short, we had a wonderful time together, and she even gave me a peck on the cheek before catching her flight back to France. I haven't gotten her off my mind since that day. I tried to forget about her, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought I had quite possibly met the girl of my dreams. I mean, we exchanged e-mail addresses and have shared some messages with each other since then, but the prospect of us actually meeting again in the future is obviously just a pipe dream -- I mean, she lives in a different country, for gods sake. If I keep thinking about her, every woman I date in the future will seem like just a shadow of her. She made me feel amazing while I was with her. How can I move on? Any thoughts at all? I'm feeling really restless, and I'd appreciate any thoughts you have to offer. Thank you.

No comments: