Sunday, December 7, 2008

Open Question: My mom says that I make her sad cause i'm not like other girls?

I was just telling her that I visited a 200 year old house today and she snapped at me and said that she didnt care and wsihed to an earthquake would ruin the house. She said that she wants me to be like other girls, that i should care more about fashion, buy new clothes more often. She's really upset with me now and tells me to be quiet when i say something and says that shes dissapointed. Shes ashamed to be seen with me in public if im just wearing a t-shirt with jeans, she wants me to wear more makeup and talks about shit like marriage. She thinks thats all there is, that you should find a man and get married, im never going to get married but she keeps talking about crao like that all the time, like i have no self respect. I should be doing stuff that makes me feel good, not for a man. Shes annoying too, shes 46 years old but dresses like a teenager, im the one who should be ashmaed to be seen with her in public, but i dont really care cause shes my mother. She flips out if i buy cds with my own money, Im allowed to buy 1 album every 2 months if i have been good. What the hell is wrong with her? I am 20 years old and i pay her alot of money every month cause i cant find my own place. I really want to move out as soon as possible. I really dont want to have any contact with her or my cousins with my aunt who lives nesxt door. They question everything i do and talk behind my back. Im a very nostalgic person, i love history, older music (beatles, led zeppelin, 20s-40s music, classical, patti smith etc) movies, books from the 1800s, everything, vintage clothes. Thats what they think is funny and my mom is ashamed about. I would be happy if my daughter had her own personality and wasnt a robot like everyone else. My cousins are really selfish people, they dont care about their mother, they only talk when they have dinner. they spend all their money on ugly clothes thats in right now, they only care about fashion and makeup, thats all they talk about and trash about other people. She wants me to be like that? They are all selfish idiots, no one gives a crap about my feelings. What do you guys think i should do? Everytime i bring this up to my mother, and tell her how i fell, she thinks i should grow up, and i dont want to be treated like a child when im 20 years old, i really would move out if there were any appartments available, but its really hard in this town. I feel like im suffocating in this home, cause there is more but i dont have time to write more about this.

No comments: