Thursday, December 25, 2008

Open Question: Is this talent ... or nothing special =/?

I play the piano. Not the right way, I can't really read or write well. I've always "tampered" with the piano or played around with it but it wasn't until I 3 years ago it's like my brain went into hard drive and I could hear a song on the radio and play it key for key, I started creating my own songs. Here are the songs I learned in the past year, radiohead-sail to the moon, no surprises, we suck young blood, jigsaw falling into place, fake plastic tree's, air bag, knives out, karma police muse- falling away with you, starlight, map of the problematique, sing for absolution coldplay-gravity, yellow, in my place, lost, viva la vida, the scientist, trouble, amsterdam, don't panic, for you, fix you, swallowed in the sea, til kingdom come clair de lune, beethovens 9th(working on these) the killers- 4 songs from sams town Sara Bareilles-love song Camera Obscura-Lloyd, I'm ready to be heart broken Okkervil River - A girl in port, Maine Island Lovers all just on piano in tune by ear no sheet music! I was thinking of majoring in music, I asked some of my teachers why I had took to piano they said my ears were trained well probably b/c I listened to music all the time. Like when I hear a song on the radio I easily pick it up and can play it on piano, alot of time I replace the lyrics with the piano singing the words instead if that makes any sense. I feel so stupid though b/c all the good people can read and they play classical I just no matter what always go to my yearning to play radio music. Kinda sucks b/c all the good schools only want someone who plays and reads classicals :( so what do you all think?

No comments: