Monday, December 8, 2008

Open Question: i need a sad violin song ?

for my senior project i'm learning to play the violin. i have until the end of arpil to learn and i plan on practicing for anywhere from 9 to 12 hours a week. yes, i'm serious. i've already completed two 3 hour practice sessions. i'm not afraid to practice like a pro because for all those hours of practice, the chances of my one day playing like a pro are looking pretty bad. very bad. the other practices were a bit shorter but my busy season just ended. i need a song to perform in front of the judges. i would like it to be a sad or even romantic song, preferably classical, but it doesn't have to be. i will also need to know where to get this sheet music. free would be awesome of course! i got the violin for a hundred bucks, the cheapest violin teacher anywhere, i'm on a roll! but if it's copyrighted then please tell me where to get it. i would prefer to get it at a music store.my mom doesn't like buying things online and i don't have a credit card. please remember, i am a beginner and while i have a few months to practice, it looks like my musical talent is strictly limited to the piano. : ( the song needs to sound impressive, but be playable. i've always wanted to play the violin. i must've been crazy. i still love the way it sounds and maybe if i find a good enough song to motivate me, i won't end up destroying my instrument in a sleep walk of rage and hopelessness so please help me out!

No comments: