Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Resolved Question: Classical music and Yiruma ?

I am really hoping I run into one of you top contributors that answers in this classical section. I was reading a question earlier about a girl asking about beautiful music that's like A river flows in you, and I have to say, I'm quite awe shocked by you peoples response to her question. First the lot of you started saying just because she doesn't like YOUR boring taste of music she doesn't like classical music. Now , from the sounds of it, I would guess you people are middle aged to old men telling people that if they don't like your horrible taste in music they are childish or ignorant of music in some way or the other. Then I proceeded to hear some of you call her a child because of her question. The only children are the people like you old fossils. Does her age disqualify her from perceiving something as beautiful?If so , the same arguement applies to you: maybe you're to old to know what beautiful is. It was doubly insulting to me considering I found Yiruma's works beautiful and great pieces of music myself. The thing I think some of you people seemed to forget is the fact that music is about listening and enjoying; not about how many layers it contains and complexity. I've tasted a variety of Classical songs, and though I enjoy Mozart, I like Kiss the Rain and a river flows in you a lot more then anything Mozart put out. Let that stick slide out your arses Old men. It's a Piano the same as Beethoven and Mozart : it's classical. The whole point of me saying all that is to show how silly it is. They didn't ask a question to get schooled on what genre it is. It isn't pop that's for sure. There may be different genres of Rock, but in the end it is all rock. That's all i was saying And they sing in those songs Miss. Not a good example.

No comments: