Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Open Question: Curing depression without harming creativity?

A doctor said to me that I might take Zyprexa, however I have read about this drug and as I found it might cause serious permanent side-effects. Thus, I ask for help. Today I can be enthusiastic about reading, analyzing, combing ideas - theories; answering at school to questions and have a desire to know. To write for the school`s magazine, to talk on philosophical themes, listen to classical music and enjoy it tremendously. However, tomorrow I can desire nothing. I can be unmotivated and do be almost impossible to me to enjoy what I even like. Can have thoughts about death, about killing myself, about doing harm to others (though I would not purse onto doing such an act), my thoughts are disorganized, talk fast and with incoherence or with coherence., confusion, dizzy. So, any help? this meaning - for one week or more to be under depression and only two or three days normal. With no negative external events - but the other way - only positive events. As intelligence, I am highly intelligence - my IQ is 136. Though I find IQ tests to be misleading. However I have a very good judgment, long and short-term memory and am highly creative. Though in depression I am not this way, I feel like I`m loosing my ability to reason. I agree with what you have wrote JK. And, no I do not think that depression goes hand in hand with creativity as I am facing it and when in depression I am not at all creative. This is why my question is: "how to cure without harming", as some medicine harm more then curing. Yes, I will do more exercise and I buy flowers (yellow) so that it may cheer me at least a bit. Thank you for your answers. Aunty, As I wrote: "a doctor" (not I) I take a vitamin B complex, and Omega 3. As well I am careful about what I eat, avoiding junk food. Thank you for the advice though, and I am sorry I did not add this information too. Thank you.

No comments: