Thursday, November 6, 2008

Resolved Question: Will a successful and single 33 year old male like myself ever get married?

I have a big dillema. I am having trouble finding that woman to be part of my life. I am an outgoing person. I like to workout at the local gym, go to art and music festivals. I really enjoy listening to all kinds of music especially classical. I have a rewarding career as a mechnical engineer and have completed my MBA recently. I own a beautiful home and drive a nice car. I also enjoy going sailing on the lake. When I am going places and I see happily married young couples, it tends to hurt inside of me badly seeing some of those young women who prefer to marry or date younger men than me. One thing that I notice is alot of these young women especially in their early to mid 20s tend to marry men who have parents that are very rich(as in owning a company, doctor or lawyer). I on the other hand do not have parents that are loaded with money. I love my parents very much and I always help them in anyway that I can. They taught me that I should work my way up to being successful in my career and not depend on others. I actually did work my way through college and have financed both my undergrad in engineering and my MBA. I constantly have to hear from some of the people that I work with bragging about how they payed their childrens college education at 100% and when their children got married, paying the wedding and how excited they are to be recent grandparents . Is young women today only looking for men that come from rich families and that they don't care for a person like myself who had to work his way up to success himself? Am I getting too old for finding that special person in my life because I am 33 years old and they prefer men in their 20s with mommy and daddy's money? I want that special someone to love me for what I am. Is it too late for me? Please help. About Huupoo's comment, I agree that I have to change. However alot of my friends always tell me how successful I have become and that they wish that they could a little like me. However, I have to disagree with you on the fact that you say that people in their 20's that live off their parents money enjoy life better than me are not always happy. They can hit obstacles in their lives. What kind of responsibility do they have. Women might not find them responsible. As I mentioned early in my question. I have a life outside of work. I attend events with friends and am an active person. People cant always be living off of parents money and enjoy life. I am NOT trying to impress women for the car I drive or house I live in. I just can afford things like this because I have a very good income from the type of career that I am in. About Tulip25's comment, I strongly agree with everything that you are saying. I should try hanging out with new types of people. I know that there is someone out there that will like me for what I am not what I have. As I mentioned I am not trying to impress women what the materialistic things that I have. Reason is that I could end up losing it for anything. But my education is valuable that will allow for me to survive and I taught myself to be responsible so that I will not free load on someone.

No comments: