Sunday, November 16, 2008

Open Question: How likely am I to get accepted at UT's McCombs School of Business?

How likely am I to get accepted into the University of Texas McCombs School of Business???? I'm a Texas Resident. I'm currently a Senior in high school. Some facts: my GPA is around 3.7 - 4.0 currently im ranked 41 out of 479 students in my class = top 8.5% I will be graduating under the Distinguished Achievment Plan. I'm enrolled in AP English IV, AP Macroeconomics, AP U.S. Government, AP Biology, CP PreCalculus, French III..etc Last year I took AP U.S. History, and AP English III aside of Physics PreAP and Algebra II CP I got a 1500 on the SAT the first time I took it :[ 550 english, 550 writing, 400 math :// I'll be retaking the SAT in december.. I took the ACT and thats bad..20. I recently took the SAT Subject Test in French, Literature, and Math Level 1..I haven't received the scores yet. I know i suck at math :[ and thats my biggest weakness and what makes me less likely to get into a good school :[ I'm President of the World Club (foreign language-volunteer club) I'm Vice-President of U.I.L at my school I'm Historian for NHS (National Honors Society) I volunteer at the hospital every other tuesday I also volunteer in NHS events (cancer walk, trunk or treat, etc) I've served at my church for many years. I've been part of the worship team for a long time playing the drums. I also taught children classes at some points in time. I consistently volunteer to help clean-up the church on "clean-up" days. I've been in band for four years and I've marched in the band for three years. My teachers label me charismatic, "smart", outstanding, a leader..among other things. I'm the kind of person who might not be smart on the outside but in the inside i consider myself "good-enough." I have vision, determination, i dream big, i work hard, i don't conform with mediocre people (the majority at my school). I want to be someone who will impact society and who will become a succesfull business man (entreprenuer)!!! I'm extremely fond of jazz, classical music, figures of the past; marlon brando, miles davis, ella fitzgerald, julie london... I love to travel, its my passion! I love photography. I always feel like i'm seperated from the rest of the people at my school. I enjoy the more refined things in life. I'm very open-minded, culturally open. I enjoy challenges! How likely am I to get accepted at McCombs? Any suggestions??? Other colleges....outside of Texas?? Please be honest...

No comments: