Saturday, November 22, 2008

Open Question: The differences between the Fender TG-4, the Little Martin LXM, the Applause AN13 and the Baby Taylor guitar?

I'm looking at these 3/4 size student/travel guitars and since my local music store does not have them on hand for me to try out, I wanted some advice on which one I should purchase. For your information, I have been playing for a little over a year on a nylon classical style Sunlite entry level guitar and purchasing any of the above would be a huge jump in terms of quality but I don't want to spend money on a 3/4 guitar if it is about the same quality as the guitar I have now (i.e. buying a Squire MC-1). The shift to a steel string is worth it, if it means improving my guitar skills along the way. Also, I'm buying this guitar since I will be traveling to Vietnam in January and I want something to strum, so my skills don't lag after, so if the quality of the guitar is higher up then it might be able to stand up to the humid and hot conditions of the country better than a cheaply made instrument. I have hear good things about the Baby Taylors but I have also read reviews that said the Little Martins are built like a rock... I haven't heard much about the Fender TG-4 It would be great to get a reply back from people that have played at least one or more of the mentioned guitars. Any comments from personal experience regarding the above mentioned would be much appreciated. By the way I am willing to spend up to $300 but I would much rather prefer to spend $200 or less. I have been looking in the Takamine Jasmine JS341 and Ibanez IJC50 3/4 Classical models. They are both nylon stringed. Are they any good considering the overall sound, the playability for a beginner and the wood quality? Thanks in advance

No comments: