Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Open Question: Can any minister's wife help me with this one?

My husband and I have been married for a little over a year now. Everything is awesome! We don't fight or anything like that. I just have one problem. I don't feel like he takes me seriously in ministry. We are both musicians and he's the minister of music at our church. My problem with him is the fact that my problem areas with the church music he doesn't really want to help me with. He doesn't have much patience for teaching but at the same time I feel very belittled dealing with him as far as music because of the way he talks to me. I feel that for some odd reason, he is intimidated by me so in return he sub-concoiusly intimidates me for what I can't do as good as he can. So much that I don't even want to play around him. What I can do better than him, he says "sucks". I say it just sucks because he can't play it. Examples would be I can play classical piano and saxophone and he can't. I can't seem to get him to understand the concept "help me to make a better us". If he got that, our ministry together would be untouchable. I love him very much and I don't want to be bitter at him because he dosen't understand how serious this is to me as well as things outside of the church. He's so quick to cater to the other musicians. I thought he would be happy that his wife had like gifts and we could work together. I don't want to work with him like that anymore and I'm about to go play for another church. I have let him know how I feel. The problem is his listening skills. I have also gone to our pastor. I don't want to take over as leader or whatever you want to call it. I'm just trying to be the help me I was called to be.

No comments: