Sunday, January 18, 2009

Open Question: I Feel Like Nobody Understands Me?

I'm a 15 year old guy and I feel like this all the time, I feel like nobody really knows me. I have a few friends but not many. They don't really know me. I have lots of things I either can't tell people or I'm scared to tell people about. Nobody really knows who I am or what I'm like. I like things that nobody else I know likes; writing, classical music, music in different languages, poetry, computers, school work and lots of other things. I really don't like any kind of sport, and I don't want to go to parties even if I was invited because I am against drinking alcohol. I feel like I have way too many secrets about my personal life and my family life and I have nobody I can tell them to. I only have 3 other people in my family and I feel like I can't talk to them about anything. I've never had somebody to guide me from a young age or somebody to look up to because I don't have a father. I can't close to anybody but I want to, however, nobody ever gives me a chance. I have thought about joining clubs but they aren't any I would like to go to, I don't like physical activity ot team building activities. It doesn't sound like I'm helping myself much but I'm not sure what to do and I admit that I'm a really picky person. I don't want to be like everybody else. I feel like everybody else is immature and make stupid decisions. (Sorry to judge but that is how people I know act, I'm sure that there are lots of sensible teenagers out there). It seems like everybody else doesn't care about their school work (I admit that I am a nerd) and they only care bout being 'cool'. They do this by not doing any work, going to wild parties, smoking, getting drunk, having sex and being mean to me. I also feel like if I did have somebody to talk to, they would never be able to understand because they are not me and I have so much that is too hard to explain. I don't want to see a doctor or psychiatristst. I feel lonely all the time and I just want a long hug from somebody and to be told that everything is going to be ok. I often cry myself to sleep. What should I do? Thank you

No comments: