Monday, January 5, 2009

Open Question: Can You Please Tell me Your Favorite Songs?

I want to put together a CD for my sweetie. She's a wonderful person, very positive and charismatic, with a very deep insight into people and the world, constantly blowing me away with the things she understands and sees. I'm totally in love with her; we've been going out for a few years now, and the last time I put together a CD of music I thought she'd like, she DID; she loved it, played it in her car for months until it finally got scratched and lost. Anyway, my music-fu is pretty lame, and it took a lot of work and most of a year to find amazing songs which would surprise her, (she's more plugged into music and knows a lot more than I do about it.) I even pulled a couple of tracks from some obscure anime I remember liking when I was younger. --So what I wanted to do before Christmas is find another list of great music she won't have heard before but which will be really awesome and special for her to discover, except I've been at it for a month now and my list is pretty sparse. So. . . Everybody has at least a handful of songs which are their special faves. Please tell me some of your picks. I'd really appreciate it. New or old, but semi to completely obscure is best. Any style or genre within the basic song format, (classical music isn't what I'm looking for on this project). --Though a cool dance track or two might be good. They don't have to be necessarily happy songs. This is a person who loves stuff from Leonard Cohen, Tracy Chapman and Bob Dylan all the way to today's popular radio music. Thank you so much!

No comments: