Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Open Question: WRONG NOTE TRIVIA - JAN 14TH.?

I'm sure most of you have had experience with reading a question in which the asker asks a question regarding the musical notes which are typed out in literal fashion, as to give the impression that they are real notes, and is attempting to find which particular piece of classical music follows those particular notes. I have decided that it would be fun to ask a question like this for the purposes of trivia and entertainment. As I am proficient in music reading, as well as the playing of certain musical instruments, and also would like to think of myself as being in proficient knowledge of orchestral repertoire, I think my ability in giving out the notes, typed out in literal fashion, should be sufficient for the average music-reader to grasp the melody or phrase and be able to identify which piece of music I am asking for. In simpler words, I'm going to type out literal notes, and you guess which piece of music I'm typing. Here goes! the notes are correct to the actual written score. Parentheses are grouped around notes which equal to 1 beat. Commas are placed at the end of a measure. Therefore, it can be said that in this particular excerpt, each measure has 3 beats, and each note is a 16th note. This should be an easy one. Here goes. (F# F# F F) (F# F# D D) (E E F# F#), (G G F# F#) (G G A# A#) (B B C# C#), REPEAT Underscore means lengthen note by one whole beat, in this case, dotted half note. Dash means to lengthen note by one half of one beat. You should know that from the F# to the B goes DOWN the octave to the B, not up. If it was up, I would put a "^" to signify that. (F#)( _ )( _ ), (B) ( - A#) (B C#), REPEAT (D) ( _ ) ( _ ), (E) (F) ( - E), (D) (C#) ( _ ), (D) If you can guess it, but don't want to give it away, then Email me with the response, first response will get the points but you still have to submit an answer, and instead of giving out the answer, you can instead give out a hint to help the others get it. This first one shouldn't be too hard at all. If you guys like this, then I will continue to do this every day or so, we can make a game out of it! How fun! If it proves unsuccessful, then I won't do it anymore. I hope it grows on yall! Boy Wonder. Not atonal at all! In fact, it can be considered on the cusp of the romantic era, being late classical period. Take a keyboard or piano and play it out. I'll give a hint this time, I wrote A# because it is written in the key of Bminor, which should have been obvious by now. I'll let you go back to guessing now, I dont want to leave this unfinished. :-) good luck Not atonal at all! In fact, it can be considered on the cusp of the romantic era, being late classical period. Take a keyboard or piano and play it out. I'll give a hint this time, I wrote A# because it is written in the key of Bminor, which should have been obvious by now. I'll let you go back to guessing now, I dont want to leave this unfinished. :-) good luck

No comments: