Friday, January 16, 2009

Open Question: How do you know if you're talented ?

How can I know if i'm a talented musician ? I'm playing the piano for nearly 2 years now but I started to practice less after one year and a few months passed. I can read any sheet, and I can read it quickly without thinking but I can't play while looking at my sheets and I can't play without looking at the keyboard ... especially my left hand. I usually compose on the fly but I don't get the sound I want everytime ... about 60% of the time I get what I hear in my head but sometimes when I think of a melody in my head, I can't play that melody. so ? and please, no rude answers... I really need to know. well ... my friends don't really appreciate good music but someone told me "You're talented" i asked him why do you think so ? he told me because i can play with no teacher ... he didn't really say anything but i just would like to know if i'm making a good progress as for 2 years ? oh and don't mind the "he didn't say anything" i don't know where it came from :P that guy taught him self piano and he teached some other people yes i can read any sheet but the reason why i can't play while looking at the sheet is because i can't play without looking at my hands i have to keep looking at my hands and at the sheets and it gets really annoying and hard with difficult pieces i can read the Treble clef very easily ... i need just a little more work on the Bass clef

No comments: