Sunday, January 11, 2009

Open Question: Which over the ear headphones do you recommend?

I'm a college student and since I started school in the fall my music collection shot from 200 songs to over 1000. I'm an architecture major and spend quite a lot of time working in studio and my music keeps me from going insane. That is why I'm looking for some help. I want good quality sound. Something better than the apple in ear head phones but I'm reluctant to dish out a bunch of money without some opinions. I have been really really really really attracted to the more 'retro' style over the ear headphones, in the bright colors. But the price differences between the styles are confusing me. I don't want to pay $60 bucks and find that the sound quality isn't up to par with the price. The sort of music I listen to is classical - a lot of piano and violin mostly- and a capella and acoustic sort of music. I am undecided as to if I should buy the over the ear headphones or stick with the crappy apple ones I have been using. I sort of want to get away from the in ear but I'm willing to take a look if you have suggestions for those as well. Here are some of the brands I have been looking at: Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-G Retro Style Monitor Headphones http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTX7PP-G-Retro-Monitor-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B000IBPWQS/ref=de_a_smtd Boosted Stiloso Headphones - Same style as the Panasonic, twice as much. Is it worth it...? http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=14768196&parentid=A_ENT_CAMERAS_MUSIC&sortProperties=&navCount=54&navAction=poppushpushpush&color=&pushId=A_ENT_CAMERAS_MUSIC&popId=A_ENT_MUSICCAMERAS&prepushId=APARTMENT_FURNISH And also the WESC brand of headphones. Any suggestions? Thank you in advanced for any help that you can offer me.

No comments: